The Dalai Mama

The Dalai Mama

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I need to leave

My sister is living in New York,she has been up there for a while now.I live in Mississippi and I have always been here.
 I have been saving up money to get three plane tickets so we can go see her. I have never been in a plane and I really want to fly. However I can not save up enough money,too many emergencies have come up and every time I save some money I am forced to spend it on medical emergencies. My sister can not afford to come home,not even for Christmas!She will not be coming home for a year. Until she moved we had never been apart for longer than 2 weeks which had only happened one time. I miss my niece so much and she is turning three tomorrow and I can not even be there. Being poor is depressing

4 comments:

Susie said...

You could consider SKYPING. You can video conference with her for free at anytime.
I do this with our grandson that lives away all the time.
http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home
You both need to download Skype and you need a webcam that has a microphone. They are only about $35. Lots cheaper than a plane trip.
Susie

meeyeehere said...

Yes, we thought of that but my computer is too slow and broken for skype and my sister has a tiny laptop that also does not do well with skype. We have used it before but it freezes up and hangs up all the time

Thank you for the suggestion,you are very nice to read my blog. Sometimes I think I am just writing to myself.

Susie said...

I hope you get to go see her sometime.
Of course you're not alone. :)
Susie

Doris Sturm said...

You're telling me - I've not seen mydaughter for 5 years now (since I moved to Georgia) and she's in California where I used to live. I should have never left...and now I have no car and need to be saving for a vehicle because there is no public transportation in this town where I live and no cab service either...you are right - it sucks! But, I have to think of several things every day for which I am thankful and having my eye sight is one of them, my dog, my friends, a roof over my head and a bunch of other things that could be worse.
Hang in there and keep a positive outlook. It will get better.
I will pray for you.